About the Educational Scholarship Grant (ESG) Program
Stats & Facts…
- It is a GRANT not a LOAN that offers $1,000/year ($500 per semester) for each student toward his or her tuition.
- The program now covers sponsored students at all the Palestinian Universities.
- The number of new students accepted in the program is equal to the number graduating from each university
- The grant is awarded to students enrolled in fall and spring semesters only
- Funds are transferred directly to the students’ perspective university on behalf of the students.
- High School General Exam (Tawjeehi) score of 80% or above.
- Enrollment in an accredited 4 years institution.
- Accumulative grade point average of (B)or better throughout college years
- Proper personal conduct in and out of school is a MUST
- Nominated academically eligible students from UHLF supported orphanage societies have a priority
- Proven economical need
- More than 400 students graduate annually with bachelor degree.
- More than 95% of the donations are from the American Muslim and Arab Communities.
- More than 35% of the students are needy orphans
- More 7% are students of special “physical” needs
- More than 67% of the students are females.
- More than 25% of the graduates continue on to pursue post graduate degrees
- 100% of the recipients would help other students like them once gainfully employed.