Stats & Facts…
- The grant offers $500 per semester toward tuition.
- The program covers 500 sponsored students in all the Palestinian Universities.
- The number of new students accepted in the program is equal to the number graduating from each university
- The grant is awarded to students enrolled in fall and spring semesters only
- A special UHLF committee selects the grants recipients.
- Funds are transferred directly to the students’ perspective university on behalf of the students.
- Enrollment in an accredited 4 years institution.
- Accumulative (GPA) of 70% or better once enrolled in college
- Proper personal conduct in and out of school is a considering factor
- Nominated academically eligible students from UHLF supported orphanage societies have a priority
- Proven economical need
- Completion of UHLF application with all needed supporting documents
- High School General Exam (Tawjeehi) score of 75% or above.
- More than 1500 students graduated in the last 5 years
- More than $1.500,000 were transferred though this program.
- More than 90% of the donations are from the American Palestinian Communities.
- More than 35% of the students are needy orphans.
- More than 67% of the students are females.
- More than 25% of the graduates continue on to pursue post graduate degrees
- More than 60% find jobs locally and /or in the surrounding countries.
- Upon graduation and gainful employment, sponsored students are expected to help and assist eligible students in need as they were.
- Sponsored students might be asked to participate in UHLF efforts to promote, explain and expand the program.
- Sponsored students are expected to perform community services, such as grammar or high school tutoring, volunteers at hospital, senior homes, or other local aid societies.
- We hope the day comes when this program is self-sufficient where the graduated students’ contribution help fund the needs of other disadvantaged students.